This exam is only for students who have already taken the English placement test, and wish to try to earn a higher class placement (up to English 101). This a short essay test, scored by English faculty.
- Cost & ID: $15 and Photo ID is required.
- Time limit: 50 minutes. Must be completed at one time.
- Number of questions: 1
- Retake: 30 day waiting period before retaking.
Exam topics: Students are provided with a writing prompt or question to answer. This will be an opinion question, with no right or wrong answer, and no special knowledge will be required.
Appointments: Not required. Walk–in basis only.
Test times: Mon/Wed/Thurs/Fri: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (arrive no later than 3:00 p.m.)
(These hours are available September 2018 through June 2019)
Results: Students will be contacted by the Humanities Department (206.934.4146, Room BE 4128) when results are ready. Grading can take up to one week.
- Photo I.D. must be presented before testing.
- Babies and small children are not allowed in the testing room. They must be supervised outside of the Testing Office. College staff may not provide supervision.
- Cell phones, bags, reference materials, and other personal items are not allowed.
- Pens and scratch paper will be provided; all scratch paper must be returned and will be destroyed.