The Testing Office will be closed from 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Wednesday, October 30, 2019, for a mandatory training. We will reopen for 1 - 4:30 p.m. as usual. The scheduled TEAS exam has been moved, and will take place at 1 p.m. Please plan your testing accordingly.
How to “Challenge Your English Placement” if you do not qualify for English 101
This exam is only for students who have already taken the English placement test, and wish to try to earn a higher class placement (up to English 101). This a short essay test, scored by English faculty.
- Cost & ID: $15 and Photo ID is required.
- Time limit: 50 minutes. Must be completed at one time.
- Number of questions: 1
- Retake: 30 day waiting period before retaking.
Exam topics: Students are provided with a writing prompt or question to answer. This will be an opinion question, with no right or wrong answer, and no special knowledge will be required.
Appointments: Not required. Walk–in basis only.
Test times: Mon/Wed/Thurs/Fri: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (arrive no later than 4 p.m.)
Tuesdays and Weekends: closed
(These hours are available September 2019 - June 2020)
Please note: If a test is taken and submitted within a week prior to an academic break between quarters, grading may not happen until the beginning of the next academic quarter. In this case, results may not be ready until the second week of the following academic quarter.
- Photo I.D. must be presented before testing.
- Babies and small children are not allowed in the testing room. They must be supervised outside of the Testing Office. College staff may not provide supervision.
- Cell phones, bags, reference materials, and other personal items are not allowed.
- Pens and scratch paper will be provided; all scratch paper must be returned and will be destroyed.