TRIO Peer Mentor Program
Join a TRIO SSS Peer Mentor Team
Joining a TRIO Mentor team to get to know other students, learn about your campus, get advice, and get connected to opportunities available at Seattle Central College.
How often do we meet?
You’ll meet twice per month, January through June. We ask that mentees participate in the meetings through the end of the school year.
What do I have to do if I join the team?
A strong commitment to engaging with your Peer Mentor team and completing all program components:
- Check in monthly with your mentor
- Participate in a monthly mentee team event and complete pre-event assigned tasks
- Participate in the program kick-off event and end of program celebration event
- Participate in a campus event and/or an activity to further engage with instructors, such as office hours
What am I going to get out of this experience?
- New connections, a strong community of peers who share similar interests and background
- Increase campus involvement and connection to campus resources
- Skill building and reflection related to goal setting, networking, and navigating SCC
- New ways to enhance your college experience related to your interests and goals!
- More information about events and opportunities related to your interests and goals!
When will meetings with my mentor team happen?
You’ll be assigned a team that will work with your schedule.
First-Gen Industry Mentorship Program
The First-Gen Industry Mentorship Program aims to connect Seattle Central College's TRIO- Student Support Services (SSS) students with first-generation professionals to assist students with career exploration.
As part of TRIO-SSS's mission to promote retention, graduation, and college transfer, through this program, students will gain insight and knowledge about various industries and explore topics related to professional development and networking.
First-Gen Industry Mentorship event series:
- First Gen Career Panel, Tuesday, April 12, 2022, from 4-5:00 p.m. RSVP Here
- First Gen Mentorship Mixer, Tuesday, May 10, 2022, from 4-5:00 p.m. RSVP Here
- Service Day (TBD/June)
TRIO students may also connect with mentors to learn more about the job search process, information about the workings of a specific industry, recommendations to best enter that industry, and/ or advice regarding professional etiquette outside of the event series.