Building Community Connecting to Success
The Office of Multicultural Services promotes institutional responsiveness to the needs of students of color and students of diverse cultural backgrounds, and provides leadership for the development and implementation of services, programs, projects, and curriculum that promote diversity, equality, and social justice at Seattle Central College.
The office collaborates with other college departments and divisions on retention and student success projects and activities, supports the teaching and learning of diversity in the classroom, presents professional development activities on multiculturalism and diversity and disseminates information on diversity resources for students, faculty, and staff.
What We Do
- College information and assistance for new, re–entry, and prospective students
- Referrals to resources both on– and off–campus
- Workshops and conferences
- Scholarship information
- Community collaboration and partnerships
- Informal dialogue discussions regarding social justice or diversity
- Student Advocacy
- Coordination of "Students of Color Conference" attendees
Multicultural Services also outreaches to and connects with off–campus constituencies in the surrounding region and throughout the state.
Broadway Campus in room BE1103A5