Planning for College
Career Services resources for students
The staff at the Career Exploration Center are still available to assist students with:
- Exploring career options and academic paths to get there
- Basic academic advising, especially for new and undecided students
- Resume and cover letter review, and interview preparation.
- Job search skills, and Scholarship search tips.
Career staff are available for appointments from 9:00 - 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Students can make one-on-one appointments with a Career Advisor during the campus closure but these will be remote phone or video sessions through Zoom technology.
If you’re a current student, schedule online through Starfish using your MySeattleColleges credentials
After making your appointment, you will be provided a meeting link, so be sure to check your seattlecolleges.edu email (here is info on how to access your school email address)At the time of your appointment, you can open the meeting link through a webpage on any device that has a microphone and ideally video access, or, you may prefer to download the Zoom app. You do not have to create an account to access the meeting.
If you aren’t a current student or if you need assistance on scheduling, email us at email@example.com.
If the career you want requires a bachelor's degree or higher, Seattle Central's Career Exploration Center, Career Transfer Center, and other services are available to help get you where you want to go.
Whether you need help choosing a four–year university, finding scholarships or preparing your personal statement, the Career Exploration Center can help you access the resources you need. You can schedule an appointment, attend a workshop or visit the Center for more information about college planning.
Choosing a College and Major
The resources below can help you research colleges and areas of specialization to major in.
- College Board
- College Opportunities Online Locator
- College Planning Resources
- Princeton Review
- Seattle Central Transfer & Study Abroad Center
- Best Colleges Ranked by Students
- Reviews of Universities and Colleges by Students
- U.S. News and World Report College Rankings
Contact Career Exploration
8 a.m. ‐ 4:30 p.m. (Mon - Fri)
Office is closed Tuesdays from 8 a.m. ‐ 10 a.m. for staff meetings.
Broadway Campus BE1102E