IT Services for Employees
Information Technology Services is here for all your computing needs. We are your one–stop shop for help with anything computer related. We support the mission and goals of the entire college...instructional and non–instructional.
The tabs below include a summary of logins, accounts and services for employees.
New Voicemail System
The new voicemail system will require all users to re-record their name and welcome messages. Please see these instructions for more information.
Helpdesk (Broadway Campus)
To report a problem with any hardware or software on Central Campus, please contact the IT Services Helpdesk NEED (206.934.NEED or NEED@seattlecolleges.edu). For your convenience, there are three easy ways to do this:
- Online Problem Report
To use the online problem report form you must have a valid Seattle Central e–mail address.
- Email: NEED@seattlecolleges.edu
- Phone: 206.934.6333
If your information like phone #, mailstop etc., is listed incorrectly in the directory please send an email directly to Eric.Mead@seattlecolleges.edu OR Benjamin.Peterson@seattlecolleges.edu requesting changes to your Employee Active Directory profile.
Our helpdesk staff will record the problem and it will be assigned to a staff member. In the event that someone is not immediately available to answer the phone, please DO leave a message.
EAD Name is required for many services: Get your EAD name at tools.seattlecolleges.edu. Choose the "initialize" tab and enter your SID, PIN and desitred password. The system will return your EAD name. Your email address is EADname@seattlecolleges.edu. Password is the one you set at the tools site.
Student network computers: EAD name and EAD password (replaces old EdNet logins)
O365 for mail and services: EAD name and EAD password. Login at office365.seattlecolleges.edu. Choose mail icon for webmail. Don't select "install office" if you are on a college computer.
Free Office for home use: From your personally owned device: EAD name and password at office365.seattlecolleges.edu. DO select "install Office" if you want these tools on your personal device.
Seattle Central Google mail: For new faculty EAD name. Initial password is your full SID. For returning employees, continue to login with your old EdNet name and the password you set earlier. Login at mail.seattlecentral.edu
Kivuto store for discounts: EADName@seattlecolleges.edu (This is no longer the source for O365 or free home–use Office. Those are now obtained through the district O365 site link to office365.seattlecolleges.edu)
JourneyEd offers discounts for faculty staff and students on a variety of software. Here is a list of the latest products available.
Dell also offers discounts on laptop and desktop computers and accessories. The login to see our discounts is Dell.com/DellU/sccd. For the ID number to purchase at the discount rates employees should call NEED (206.934.NEED or email NEED@seattlecolleges.edu). Students may contact the student helpdesk in room BE 1105.
Microsoft Office Pro is available free to employees and students, through your EAD account. Login to office365.seattlecolleges.edu with your EAD name and password. (initialization for that name and password is at tools.seattlecolleges.edu)
Some other software is available at discounted prices for student and employee home use through our Kivuto store: seattlecentral.edu/onthehub. Follow the instructions below to access the discount site and check on currently available options.
- Check your EAD email account (@seattlecolleges.edu) for a message from noreply@e–academy.com. If you discarded that message, contact our helpdesk at 206.934.NEED or email NEED@seattlecolleges.edu.
- The message will contain a very long URL. The site is trusted so you can click the link or (for security) copy and paste that into your web browser and go to the site. It is personalized just for you. Each person must use the URL sent in his/her own individual message from e–academy.com The URLs are customized for each person and cannot be shared.
- Follow the instructions to complete your registration.
- Go to seattlecentral.edu/onthehub and login to our Kivuto store. Faculty and staff must use their Exchange firstname.lastname@example.org on the faculty–staff tab and students must use their Seattle Central Google mail email@example.com on the student tab. Instructions for using student email accounts are found in the Student Accounts section.
- Go to seattlecentral.edu/onthehub and login to our Kivuto store. Login is your EAD name. You will see a list of available software and the costs for each.
Adobe Creative Cloud suite is available for faculty and staff to use at home. The agreement does not include student home use. Employees can obtain the software by logging in to the Kivuto site at seattlecentral.edu/onthehub. You must first register as described in the Microsoft section.
Students and employees can access discounts for personal purchases at store.apple.com/us-hed.
About IT Services
Information Technology Services provides technology resources to students, faculty and staff, in support of educational excellence at Seattle Central College.
Our services include hardware and software purchasing, installation, and maintenance, faculty and staff training and assistance, student computer center operations, wired and wireless network services, college website creation and maintenance.
- Provide our students, faculty and staff access to current and emerging technologies and the skills and support needed to successfully use these technologies to enhance teaching, learning, outreach, service, and administration
- Design, build, maintain and enhance Seattle Central's technology infrastructure to enable world–class teaching, learning, investigation, innovation and collaboration
- Provide student information services that are accessible, understandable and useful to the college community
- Establish and maintain appropriate information technology staffing levels