WorkFirst is Washington's Temporary Assistance program for Needy Families (TANF). The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) is the entry point for WorkFirst participants.
WorkFirst services include:
- Tuition assistance
- WorkFirst WorkStudy (Paid work experience — on or off campus. See advisor for details.)
- Courses in essential life skills
- Educational planning and advising
Do I qualify?
- Approved Professional or technical program
Transfer degree programs are not eligible.
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Adult Basic Education (ABE)
- GED® preparation
- Must apply for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA).