Basic Food, Employment & Training (BFET)
The Basic Food, Employment & Training (BFET) program provides funding assistance with education, work training, and related support services at Seattle Central College to eligible individuals currently receiving (SNAP) DSHS federally issued Basic Food Benefits.
BFET services may include:
- Tuition assistance
- Required textbooks and supplies for classes
- Transportation (such as bus pass)
- Educational planning and advising
Do I qualify?
Student eligibility requirements to receive BFET assistance are as follows:
- Must currently be receiving federally issued DSHS Basic Food Assistance (SNAP).
- Cannot be receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) cash assistance from DSHS.
- Must be enrolled in an approved college–credit professional–technical program. Transfer Degree programs are not eligible.
- Must apply for Federal Financial Aid ( FAFSA).
How to Get Started
Apply for BFET assistance by attending an education planning workshop. During the workshop Workforce Services staff will provide detailed information about our programs and help you outline your next steps.
To sign up for a workshop go to startnextquarter.org. For questions and concerns please call our office at 206.934.3854.