Who may be eligible for the Worker Retraining Program?
- Are unemployed and collecting Washington State Unemployment Benefits
- Have exhausted unemployment benefits in the past two years
- Are displaced homemakers
- Were self–employed and are now unemployed due to general economic conditions
You may also be eligible if you are currently working and meet two of the criteria below:
- You have not earned more than 45 college credits (no degree / certificate)
- Your employer determines that you must obtain new skills in order to remain employed.
- Your job is "not in demand."
Attend a Workforce Education Funding Workshop. For more information and to register please visit: startnextquarter.org.
What We Provide
- Tuition Assistance
- Educational Planning
- Individualized training programs
- Priority registration
- Dedicated support staff
Training is available throughout the many professional / technical programs offered at Seattle Central College. Pursue a degree or certificate, or just upgrade your skills with your own individualized training plan. Courses are available days, evenings, weekends, and on–line.
What Employment Security Can Provide
- Is unemployed in an occupational area for which there are no current jobs available
- Is unemployed with skills that are no longer needed in the job market
- Has exhausted available job openings in this area.
Individuals who do not fit the Commissioner Approved Training criteria are still eligible for the Worker Retraining program, and can participate. They must, however, continue to meet the job search requirements set forth by Employment Security while they are in school.