CAT / TB Workshops
Mandatory CAT / TB Workshops are offered every Tuesday
Location: Workforce Services office at 907 E. Pine Street
Time: Workshop starts at 10:00 a.m. (arrive at 9:45 a.m.)
Commissioner Approved Training (CAT)
Commissioner Approved Training allows you to collect your unemployment benefits while attending an approved, full–time training program. If approved, you do not have to look for work while receiving unemployment benefits.
Training Benefits (TB)
Training Benefits program offers additional weeks of unemployment benefits so eligible claimants can train for careers in a high–demand field.
If you are receiving unemployment benefits and plan to attend school, you must complete the appropriate training application for the King County TeleCenter, esd.wa.gov; Call toll–free: 800.362.4636.
Do I qualify?
You may be eligible if you:
- Are receiving Washington State unemployment benefits
- Have exhausted Washington State unemployment benefits within the last 24 months
- Have received a WARN letter
- Are an unemployed or under-employed displaced homemaker
- Have had to close your business due to economic downturn
- Are a vulnerable worker
- Are a disaster impact worker
- Are a recently separated veteran
How To Get Started
Fill out and apply for the Training Benefits program.