Student ORCA Card
All students who are enrolled for 10 or more credits* are eligble to purchase an ORCA Card at a discounted rate. Students enrolled for less than 10 credits can purchase an ORCA Card at the non-discounted / standard rate.
Student ORCA Card Rates
|Quarter||Discounted Rate||Standard Rate|
|All Year||$125 per Quarter|
(e-purse value of $200.00)
* All students who are enrolled for 10 or more credits must pay the Transportation Management Plan (TMP) mandatory student fee whether you purchase an ORCA Card or not.
How to Get a Student ORCA Card
We suggest students purchase their ORCA Card as early as possible as supplies may be limited.
- ORCA Cards are purchased directly from the Cashier's Office (BE1104)
- Bring your completed Student ORCA Card Application and be prepared to show photo ID
- The ORCA Card is usually available for purchase approximately one week prior to the start of the quarter
- Once the quarter has begun, the ORCA Card may only be available through the second week
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are youth / senior / disabled Orca cards available?
- Does the Orca Card distinguish the difference between youth and adult?
- I am a youth between the ages of six (6) and eighteen (18) years old, am I better off buying the non-subsidized Orca Card directly from Metro?
- Can I purchase a subsidized Orca Card for $125.00 and take the e-purse of $200.00 down to Metro and ask for the funds to be transferred into a youth Orca Card?
- Even though I have purchased the Orca Card from Seattle Central Community College, should I register the card in my name?
- Does the subsidized Orca Card expire?
- Since my Orca Card does not expire, do I need to purchase a new card each quarter?
- If I use all of the funds on my subsidized Orca Card before the quarter ends, will the college reload my card for me?
- How do I reload my Orca Card?
All Sales are FINAL - No Exceptions
SCCC Transportation Services Office and management are not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced ORCA cards. PLEASE TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOUR PASS, and make sure that you register the pass online at www.orcacard.com. We do not provide replacement ORCA cards.