Seattle Central Community College promotes educational excellence in a multicultural urban environment. We provide opportunities for academic achievement, workplace preparation, and service to the community.
Seattle Central is committed to creating a learning environment that is accessible, diverse, responsive, and innovative.
- Learning opportunities to students from varied backgrounds and circumstances
- Direct and developmental pathways to instructional programs
- A safe, healthy and barrier-free learning environment
- Basic, general, professional-technical and continuing education
- Different cultures, races, lifestyles and learning styles
- Collaborative learning and decision-making
- Programs to reflect and anticipate community needs
- An international focus in curricula and services
- Integration of general and professional-technical education
- Assessment and continuous improvement
- A holistic model of student growth and learning
- Alternate teaching and learning methods
- Technology-based instruction and services