Want to learn about Running Start?
Attend the Parent / Student Information Night.
When: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at 7:00 p.m.
Where: 1701 Broadway, Room 1110
Enjoy free parking! Call for details: 206.934.3820
Overview: Running Start
Running Start does just that: It gives high school juniors and seniors a running start on college–level classes. Those classes count twice: once towards fulfillment of high school graduation requirements and again for college credit.
Some Running Start students have been able to graduate from high school and at the same time receive their Associate of Arts degree from Seattle Central.
- Be under 21 years of age and enrolled in any Washington State public high school or school district.
- Be a junior or senior in high school.
- Place in English 101 and / or college level math on the COMPASS TEST.
- Have parent / guardian and counselor signatures and approval to participate in the program.
Procedures for Acceptance
- Come to the Running Start office (1102 C1) with a picture ID to get a student ID number for testing. Testing fee is $19 — however, a fee waiver eligibility form for students on free or reduced lunch is available in the Running Start office (note form must be signed by student's high school counselor).
- Take the COMPASS TEST. No appointment is required.
- Take test results to the Running Start office, fill out an Enrollment Packet, and schedule an advising / registration appointment with a Running Start Advisor.
- Meet with a high school counselor and complete the Enrollment Verification Form included in the Enrollment Packet.
- Bring the completed application packet and a copy of your test scores to your advising / registration appointment.
- Attend the mandatory Running Start Orientation.
|Maki Hosoda||Curriculum Advisor||Maki.Hosoda@seattlecolleges.edu|
|Todd Haak||Manager, Running Start Program||Todd.Haak@seattlecolleges.edu|