Eligibility for the following grants is determined by the Financial Aid Office after you have completed the financial aid application process. These grants are considered "gift aid," which means you don't have to repay the grants provided you complete your courses.
- The Federal Pell Grant
- The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
Washington State Need Grant
The Washington State Need Grant is available to Washington residents with high financial need.
Seattle Central College Grants
Seattle Central College Grants consist of Tuition Waivers and Seattle Central Grants. These grants are available only to Washington residents with documented financial need.
The goal of the Opportunity Grant is to help low–income adults reach the educational tipping point in high wage, high demand careers.
Eligible students pursing an approved program may receive funds to cover tuition and mandatory fees up to 45 credits and up to $1,000 for books and supplies per academic year.
- Washington State Resident (12 month minimum)
- Family income at or below 200 percent federal poverty level
- Demonstrate financial need (Must apply for Financial Aid at fafsa.ed.gov School code: 003787)
- Enroll in an Opportunity Grant approved Professional/Technical program:
- Marine Deck Technology
- Marine Engineering
- Surgical Technician
- Social and Human Services
- Business Information Technology
- Wood Construction
- Network Design and Administration
- Must be in good academic standing with a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher. Certain degrees may require a higher GPA.
For questions and concerns students can contact the Student Support Program Office at 206.934.3854.