Learn More About Style Manuals
Handouts and Online Guides
- The Little, Brown Handbook, Overview (MLA, APA, Chicago, CSE)
- Research and Documentation Online (MLA, APA, Chicago, CSE)
- Online! A Reference Guide to Using Internet Sources (MLA, APA, CBE)
- ACS Style Guide (from Penn State)
Style Manual Shortcuts and Helpers
Many databases will actually write the citation for you if you know where to look. Be cautious about using these tools: they're good to start with, but double check the content, order and punctuation as you have learned. You know more about what your instructor expects than the short-cut tools know.
Here are some examples:
- Worldcat.org: In the item record, look for the "cite this record" link
- Landmarks Son of Citation Machine: Fill in the blanks with all the information about your source.
- Your school may subscribe to services such as Refworks or EndNote. Ask you librarian or instructor.