General Chemistry II
Villarba's Office Hours
in SAM 420 for Winter 2013
and by appointment
Phone: (206) 934-4130
- Messages may be left at this number.
CHEMISTRY LEARNING CENTER
for Winter 2013
(Faculty and Student Tutoring)
Monday (SAM 406)
Tuesday (Room Varies)
||E. Naeemi (SAM 405)
||P. Traube (SAM 405)
Go to SAM 100
||E. Gibbons (SAM 405/421)
D. Wick &
||M. Villarba (SAM 400/420)
||R. Burks (SAM 400/421)
Chemistry student tutors are also available Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm in the SAM Learning Center (SAM 100)
- The Quiz 6 key is now available.
- Chapter 19 lecture notes are now available. Download a copy before class on Thursday, March 14th.
Exam 3 key is now available.
Exam 2 Statistics
- High: 102%
- Average: 84.8%
- Chapter 17 lecture notes on Solubility Product are now available.
- Kinetics CPR deadlines:
- Text entry is now availble.
- Text entry deadline: 11pm on Sunday, March 10th
- Calibrations, reviews, and self-assessment deadline: 11pm on Sunday, March 17th
- Note: The tolerance for the ratings on calibrations, reviews, and self-assessment is now 2.0, so ratings must be within 2.0 of the correct/average ratings to receive full credit.
- The Quiz 5 key is now available.
- The Extra 2 Extra Points key is now available.
- Download the Mauna Loa data Excel file
- To prepare for the graphing activity for lab on Thursday, complete the Post-Lab Calculations #1-6 on p. 47 of the CHEM 162 lab manual.
- Exam 3: Friday, 03/01/13, covering Chapter 15.
- The Exam 3 Study Guide is still available.
- The Quiz 1 key is now available.
- Chapter 17 Part II lecture notes are now available.
- The key to the Diagnostic Quiz is now available.
- Download Chapter 17 Part I lecture notes before class on Wednesday, January 9th
- The key to the Diagnostic Quiz Practice Problems is now available.
- Download Chapter 16 lecture notes
AND OTHER REQUIRED RESOURCES
The Science in Context by Gilbert, Kirss, Foster, and Davies
(3rd edition), ISBN: 0393934314 or 978-0393934311 (front shown
- CHEM 162 does not use a published lab manual.
Students must purchase a packet of laboratory experiments from the Seattle
Central Community College Copy Center (BE 3105A).
- CHEM 162 students must also purchase a bound,
composition notebook (with at least 50 pages and no missing pages)
to serve as a lab notebook for the quarter. Each student will record all
collected experimental data directly into his/her lab manual. These may
be purchased at the SCCC Bookstore or at office supply stores. If your
CHEM 161 lab notebook still has 50 or more unused pages, you may use the
same lab notebook.
will not be allowed to use programmable graphing calculators during quizzes
and exams. Students are required to have a basic scientific non-programmable
calculator that can carry out exponential functions (indicated with
an EE or EXP button) such as a TI-30Xa. (See example above). These may be
purchased at the SCCC Bookstore, Target, Fred Meyer, and office supply stores.
to leave feedback about your professors, and let other students know which
are good teachers and which to avoid.
Gates Millennium Scholars Program, administered by the United
Negro College Fund, will provide scholarships and fellowships for outstanding
low-income African-American, Native American, Hispanic American, and Asian
American students to attend the undergraduate and graduate institutions
of their choice.
chemistry WEB sites around the nation:
Website is maintained by Marie