139: Introduction to General Chemistry
- Exam 4: Friday, March 6th, covering Chapters 6-8, and 18.
- The Exam 4 Study Guide is now available.
- All of the homework for Chapters 6 and 7 are due in your homework notebook by the start of class on Friday. In addition, complete the following homework problems:
- Chapter 8: Active Learning #'s 1-4, 6-8, 12, 18-25; Questions and Problems #'s 53-82, 84-85, 87-92, 94-104, 107-109, 111, 113, 119, 125-126).
- Chapter 18: Questions and Problems #'s 3-22.
- The Quiz 4 Key is now available.
- The Exam 3 Extra Key is now available.
- Exam 3 Statistics
- High: 93%
- Average: 68.9%
- The Exam 3 Key is now available.
- The Quiz 3 Key is now available.
- Exam 2 Statistics
- High: 98%
- Average: 76.2%
- The Exam 2 Key is now available.
- The Quiz 2 Key is now available.
- Download lecture notes for Chapter 14 before class on Tuesday, Feb. 3rd.
- Download lecture notes for Chapter 12 before class on Tuesday, Jan. 27th.
- Exam 1 Statistics
- High: 102%
- Average: 78.6%
- The Exam 1 Key is now available.
- To learn more about Quantum Theory watch Brian
Greene's "The Elegant Universe" on Nova.
- The Quiz 1 Key is now available.
- Download lecture notes for Chapter 11 before class on Tuesday, Jan. 20th.
- Download lecture notes for Chapter 3, Chapter 4, and Chapter 10 before class on Tuesday, Jan. 13th.
- First Day of Class: Monday, January 5th
- Attendance is required. Due to the long waitlist, students who are absent on the first day will be dropped from the class. Also, students with unexcused absences during the first two weeks of class will be dropped to accommodate students trying to enroll in the class.
Villarba's Office Hours
in SAM 420 for Winter 2015
Tuesday: 10:00-10:45am and 1:00-2:30pm
Thursday: 10:00-10:45am and 1:00-2:00pm
and by appointment
Phone: (206) 934-4130
- Messages may be left at this number.
CHEMISTRY LEARNING CENTER
for Winter 2015
To be announced
Chemistry student tutors are also available Monday-Thursday from 9am-6pm and Friday from 9am-5pm
in the SAM Learning Center (SAM 100)
If you're majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM), join the Ready! Set! Transfer! (RST) Academy.
Learn about different STEM fields from guest speakers working in those fields; find out about scholarships for STEM majors; and learn from other STEM majors about colleges and universities with the best programs in different STEM fields.
AND OTHER REQUIRED RESOURCES
will not be allowed to use programmable graphing calculators on quizzes
and exams. Thus, students are required to have a basic scientific non-programmable
calculator that can carry out exponential functions (indicated with
an EE or EXP button) such as a TI-30Xa. (See example above). These can be
purchased at the SCCC Bookstore, Target, Fred Meyer, and office supply stores
such as OfficeDepot, OfficeMax, and Staples.
- Students must also purchase a basic composition notebook for homework problems. The homework notebook will be submitted for grading on each exam day.
- Access the SCCC
to leave feedback about your professors, and let other students know
which are good teachers and which to avoid.
Gates Millennium Scholars Program, administered by the
United Negro College Fund, will provide scholarships and fellowships
for outstanding low-income African-American, Native American, Hispanic
American, and Asian American students to attend the undergraduate and
graduate institutions of their choice.
chemistry WEB sites around the nation:
This Website is maintained by Marie