139: Introduction to General Chemistry
Villarba's Office Hours
in SAM 420 for Winter 2014
Monday: 2-3pm (SAM 406) and 3-4pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00-10:45am
and Wednesday: 2:00-3:30pm
and by appointment
Phone: (206) 934-4130
- Messages may be left at this number.
CHEMISTRY LEARNING CENTER
for Winter 2014
Chemistry student tutors are also available Monday-Thursday from 9am-6pm and Friday from
|Monday (SAM 406)
in the SAM Learning Center (SAM 100)
- The Quiz 4 key is now available.
- The Exam 2 Extra key is now available.
Exam 2 key is now available.
Exam 2 Statistics for Section 01
- High: 93%
- Average: 67.6%
- Download Chapter 8 Lecture Notes before class on Thursday, Feb. 13th.
- The Quiz 3 key is now available.
Exam 1 key is now available.
Exam 1 Statistics for Section 01
- High: 102%
- Average: 74.5%
- The Exam 1 Practice Problems key is now available.
- The Quiz 2 key is now available.
- The Chapter 11 lecture notes are now available. Download before class on Thursday, Jan. 16th.
- The Quiz 1 key is now available.
- Math Survey and Brain Muscle Activity assignments due at 5pm on Monday, Jan. 13th
- Students who are familiar with Canvas should login to access the first two homework assignments.
- Students who have never used Canvas should follow the instructions on the following Canvas Introduction handout.
- Students who are on the waitlist and are not currently enrolled should follow the instructions in the handout regarding the CHEM 139 Temporary Canvas course.
- First Day of Class: Monday, January 6th
- Attendance is required. Due to the long waitlist, students who are absent will be dropped from the class.
AND OTHER REQUIRED RESOURCES
will not be allowed to use programmable graphing calculators on quizzes
and exams. Thus, students are required to have a basic scientific non-programmable
calculator that can carry out exponential functions (indicated with
an EE or EXP button) such as a TI-30Xa. (See example above). These can be
purchased at the SCCC Bookstore, Target, Fred Meyer, and office supply stores
such as OfficeDepot, OfficeMax, and Staples.
- Students must also purchase a basic composition notebook for homework problems. The homework notebook will be submitted for grading on each exam day.
- Access the SCCC
to leave feedback about your professors, and let other students know
which are good teachers and which to avoid.
Gates Millennium Scholars Program, administered by the
United Negro College Fund, will provide scholarships and fellowships
for outstanding low-income African-American, Native American, Hispanic
American, and Asian American students to attend the undergraduate and
graduate institutions of their choice.
chemistry WEB sites around the nation:
This Website is maintained by Marie