139: Introduction to General Chemistry
Villarba's Office Hours
in SAM 420 for Winter 2013
and by appointment
Phone: (206) 934-4130
- Messages may be left at this number.
CHEMISTRY LEARNING CENTER
for Winter 2013
(Faculty and Student Tutoring)
Monday (SAM 406)
Tuesday (Room Varies)
||E. Naeemi (SAM 405)
||P. Traube (SAM 405)
Go to SAM 100
||E. Gibbons (SAM 405/421)
D. Wick &
||M. Villarba (SAM 400/420)
||R. Burks (SAM 400/421)
Chemistry student tutors are also available Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm in the SAM Learning Center (SAM 100)
- Lectures notes for Chapter 16 are now available. Download them before class on Tuesday, March 12th.
- Lectures notes for Chapter 15 are now available. Download them before class on Wednesday, March 6th.
Exam 4 key is now available.
Exam 4 Statistics for Section 02
- High: 101%
- Average: 77.5%
- Lectures notes for Chapter 9 are now available. Download them before class on Wednesday, Feb. 27th.
- The Quiz 4 key is now available.
Exam 3 key is now available.
Exam 3 Statistics for Section 02
- High: 95%
- Average: 69.9%
- The key to the Naming Compounds Practice Problems is now available.
- Download the 12-page Naming Compounds Handout (and Key) to prepare for Exam 3.
- Lectures notes for Chapter 18 are now available. Download them before class on Thursday, Feb. 21st.
- Lectures notes for Chapter 6 and Chapter 7 are now available. Download them before class on Tuesday, Feb. 14th.
- Exam 3: Friday, 02/15/13, covering Chapters 5, 12, and 14.
- The Exam 3 Study Guide is now available.
- The Quiz 3 key is now available.
Exam 2 key is now available.
Exam 2 Statistics for Section 02
- High: 93%
- Average: 74.2%
- Lectures notes for Chapter 5 and Chapter 8 are now available.
- The Quiz 2 key is now available.
Exam 1 key is now available.
Exam 1 Statistics for Section 02
- High: 98%
- Average: 76.1%
- Lectures notes for Chapter 12 and Chapter 14 are now available.
- The Quiz 1 key is now available.
- The key to the Penny Calculation (by composition versus by mass) from Chapter 2 is now available.
- Chapter 11 lecture notes are now available.
- Lectures notes for Chapter 3, Chapter 10, and Chapter 4 are now available.
- First Day of Class: Wednesday, January 2nd
- Attendance is required. Due to the long waitlist, students who are absent will be dropped from the class.
AND OTHER REQUIRED RESOURCES
will not be allowed to use programmable graphing calculators on quizzes
and exams. Thus, students are required to have a basic scientific non-programmable
calculator that can carry out exponential functions (indicated with
an EE or EXP button) such as a TI-30Xa. (See example above). These can be
purchased at the SCCC Bookstore, Target, Fred Meyer, and office supply stores
such as OfficeDepot, OfficeMax, and Staples.
- Students must also purchase a basic composition notebook for homework problems. The homework notebook will be submitted for grading on each exam day.
- Access the SCCC
to leave feedback about your professors, and let other students know
which are good teachers and which to avoid.
Gates Millennium Scholars Program, administered by the
United Negro College Fund, will provide scholarships and fellowships
for outstanding low-income African-American, Native American, Hispanic
American, and Asian American students to attend the undergraduate and
graduate institutions of their choice.
chemistry WEB sites around the nation:
This Website is maintained by Marie