CHEM 121 Section 04
Introduction to Chemistry
- Chapter 3 lecture notes are now available. Download before class on Tuesday, Oct. 4th.
- First day of class: Monday, September 26th
- Because there is a waitlist, students who are absent the first day will be dropped, so students on the waitlist can
enroll in the class. If there are still students on the waitlist during the first two weeks, students who are absent without instructor permission during the first two weeks of class will be dropped to allow students on the waitlist to enroll in the class.
- First lab meeting: Wednesday, September 28th
- Students are required to attend the first lab meeting on Tuesday. Students who are absent during the first lab meeting will be dropped, so students on the waitlist can enroll in the class.
- The Density activity is now available to explore.
the Tro Introductory Chemistry Website for tutorials, practice quizzes, and other resources.
Villarba's Office Hours
in SAM 420 for Fall 2016
and by appointment
Phone: (206) 934-4130
- Messages may be left at this number.
CHEMISTRY LEARNING CENTER
To be announced
Chemistry student tutors are also available in the SAM Learning Center (SAM 100) from 9am-6pm Monday-Thursday and 9am-5pm on Fridays.
AND OTHER REQUIRED RESOURCES
Chemistry by Nivaldo Tro (5th edition), ISBN: 0321910295
or 978-032191029X (front shown cover above) or Introductory
Chemistry Essentials by Nivaldo Tro (5th edition), ISBN:
032191905X or 978-032191905X
will not be allowed to use programmable graphing calculators on quizzes
and exams. Thus, students are required to have a basic scientific non-programmable
calculator that can carry out exponential functions (indicated with
an EE or EXP button) such as a TI-30Xa. (See example above). These can be
purchased at the SCCC Bookstore, Target, Fred Meyer, and office supply stores
such as OfficeDepot, OfficeMax, and Staples.
121 does not use a published lab manual. Students must purchase a packet
of laboratory experiments from the Seattle Central Community College Copy
Center (BE 3105A).
- CHEM 121 students must also purchase a new bound, composition notebook (with at least 80 pages) to serve as
a lab notebook for the quarter. Each student will record all collected
experimental data directly into his/her lab notebook. These may be purchased
at the SCCC Bookstore or at office supply stores (e.g. OfficeDepot,
OfficeMax, Staples, etc. )
to leave feedback about your professors, and let other students know
which are good teachers and which to avoid.
Gates Millennium Scholars Program, administered by the
United Negro College Fund, will provide scholarships and fellowships
for outstanding low-income African-American, Native American, Hispanic
American, and Asian American students to attend the undergraduate and
graduate institutions of their choice.
chemistry WEB sites around the nation:
This Website is maintained by Marie