Assignment 2: Questions
“Never above the Waist”
1. The new PE teacher was also responsible for what?
2. What was the sport? What season is this sport played?
3. Who found the equipment? List the equipment they
had. In what condition was
4. The sign, glossed as HAVE, means what?
5. Why did Cinnie join the new team?
6. How many girls signed up for the team?
7. How did Cinnie describe the coach’s language or communication skills?
8. What was the one important rule the coach emphasized?
9. What did Cinnie think of the rule?
10. How long did Cinnie’s team practice before their first game?
11. Compare Cinnie’s team and the opposing team in
terms of uniform and
Hearing Team Deaf Team
12. Even though the Deaf team did not have fancy
equipment and uniforms, what
was the Deaf girls’ attitude toward the game?
13. How did Cinnie compare abilities of the two teams?
14. What phrase marks the beginning of the body of the story?
15. After the last foul play, where did the hearing
girl stand to hit the ball into
16. Which of these did actually happen?
17. Which girl did Cinnie hit with the ball?
18. Describe what happened afterward. How did Cinnie
feel? What did her coach
19. What is the best translation of the sign, glossed as LOUSY, given the situation?
20. How did Cinnie interpret the hearing team’s dirty looks?
21. Translate Cinnie’s closing.