What is the College Success Program?
Seattle Central's College Success Program guides students who have been in a foster care program (known as “Alumni of Foster Care”) or a ward of the state (in a group home) on a successful college journey through services designed especially for them.
College Success Services
- Provide some financial assistance (when available) usually to Passport to College scholarship recipients
- Personal counseling / mentoring (with clinically trained counselors)
- Coordinate with other services that work with “Alumni of Foster Care”
- Provide healthy snacks, food coupons to the Atrium, some books and supplies
- Offer assistance on how to navigate places at Seattle Central (Financial Aid, TRiO, and Advising) and on how to negotiate various services and college processes
College Success Partners
- Casey Family Programs
- The Mockingbird Society
- The YMCA
- Treehouse for Kids
Who Is Eligible For The College Success Program?
- Former foster care youth (including eligible Running Start students who spent time in foster care)
- Former wards of the state (in a group home)
- Passport to College recipients
How to Apply for the College Success Program
For additional information or to register for the College Success Program, please see Dale Oberlander in office BE1102 D–5 located in the Advising Center on the first floor.