- Explore the world at Seattle Central
- Seattle - nicknamed The Emerald City -- is rated as one of the most livable cities in the world.
- The college is located just east of downtown in the lively Capitol Hill neighborhood.
- View of Cal Anderson Park and playfields adjacent to the Student Activity Center.
- A class takes advantage of the Seattle weather on the campus green.
- Blossoming cherry trees are a signature sign of spring at Seattle Central.
- Stressed? Overwhelmed students with fast-paced lives find resources and support in the Counseling Center.
- One-stop Enrollment Services means that financial aid, admissions, registration and cashiers are conveniently located together
- Enrolled students can sign up for classes in-person or use Student Online Services
- The Broadway neighborhood is one of Seattle's most eclectic, with over 60 restaurants, retail shops, three movie theatres and lively night life.
- Students can get wired -- and wireless -- at one of Seattle's many local coffee shops.
- The Buzz Espresso and Bakery features baked goods and made by students of the Specialty Desserts & Breads program.
- The Seattle Culinary Academy students serve seasonal Northwest and international cuisine in two full-service restaurants.
- The Atrium is a sunlit student gathering place, as well as the cafeteria featuring a variety of cafeteria-style food, including burgers, deli, and a salad bar.
- The Library offers a wide range of resources and services, including research databases, reference guides, periodicals, videos, and audio-visual equipment.
- Around campus, you will find a variety of student computer labs, including both PC and Macintosh. And SCCC students can access on-campus WIFI wireless zones with a student account login.
- Westlake Park, a 10-minute walk away,
is the heart of Seattle's retail district
- Catch a ferry, catch a sunset or catch a meal at Seattle's world-famous waterfront. Heading north by car, the view from the upper deck of the Alaskan Way Viaduct is a local favorite attraction.
- In addition to regularly scheduled Drama Department events, the Erickson Theatre houses a variety of performances and events.
- Drama and acting classes build confidence, even if you don't plan to go onstage.
- The Seattle Vocational Institute provides basic skills and vocational training from its campus in Seattle's Central District.
- SVI's dental assistant program is fully accredited
by the American Dental Association.
- Each year, about 600 students transfer from Seattle Central to the UW or one of Washington's four-year colleges.
- The M. Rosetta Hunter Art Gallery features artwork done by student, faculty and local artists.
- The Wood Construction Center is located off-campus. It offers programs in cabinet making, boat building and carpentry.
- This house is one of many projects currently under construction at the Wood Construction Center.
- Many of our wood construction students have no prior woodworking experience. They come to pursue a second career or a life-long dream.
- The Seattle Maritime Academy is housed on 2.2 acres of land that borders Lake Washington in nearby Ballard.
- Students gain real-life experience aboard one of the academy's four training vessels.
- The $26 million Science and Mathematics Building opened in 2006. It features state-of-the-art laboratories and teaching space.
- Students in the Science and Mathematics Building enjoy sweeping views of the Space Needle and the Olympic Mountains
- Seattle Central's science students have been on NASA's "vomit comet" and can spend summers working alongside researchers at the University of Washington.
- Seattle Central has more than 40 clubs and organizations - there's something for everybody!
- Students from more than 50 nations attend Seattle Central. Most begin their journey here, at our International Student Services office.
- Our International Education Programs staff can help with everything from orientation to graduation.
- The Mitchell Activity Center features a weight room, racquetball/squash courts, game room, gymnasium and running track.
- Seattle Central's champion soccer team is comprised of players from all over the world.
- This year, the Seattle Central Foundation will award $500,000 in
scholarships to deserving students.
Tours of Main Broadway Campus
Campus tours offer the best possible exposure to the people and facilities unique to Central. Seattle Central Community College main campus tours are 50 minutes and meet on the first floor at Information Central. Each tour participant receives a personal, guided tour, folder and pen!
Reservations for groups 8 or larger are preferred at least two weeks in advance, please allow more time for larger or request-specific tours. If a group or individual wants to see only one department, they will be referred to that department for the up-close-and-personal treatment.
If your group is interested in touring Seattle Central Community College, please contact us via phone at (206) 934-3898 or email us at email@example.com.