We are currently accepting applications, consideration is based on space–availability.
Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Applied Behavioral Science
Seattle Central has been approved to offer a bachelor's degree program in Applied Behavioral Science. This degree creates a continuing educational and professional pathway for students with the Associate of Applied Science degree. It is designed specifically for people in the human services professions such as:
- Social services
- Early childhood education/child welfare
- Chemical dependency counseling
- Family support services
- Public/community health
- Prevention and early intervention
- Interpreting/translation services
With the baccalaureate option, students are able to move from short–term certificates and related degrees to further foundational and specialized coursework, creating access to multiple high demand jobs within many areas of applied behavioral sciences.
Employers will benefit from this degree by having a large pool of graduates qualified for current high demand baccalaureate–level positions that require specific job skills.
Graduates of the BAS program will find success in their careers because they will be able to:
- Use systematic methods to acquire, analyze, and apply relevant information
- Integrate knowledge from relevant disciplines
- Apply ethical practices based on internalized professional values
- Apply relevant skills qualifying them for a broad range of professional roles
- Provide culturally relevant services and challenge individual and institutional discriminatory practices
Program Contact Information
Applied Behavioral Science Department
Seattle Central College
1701 Broadway – BE3217
Seattle, WA 98122